No matter where they come from, everyone has their own beauty secrets. With so many natural and synthetic options to keep one looking youthful and glowing, sometimes the best advice is the most well-kept advice that may be quite obvious but definitely shows results.
Malaysian woman, in particular, hail from a part of the world where women’s looks are so diverse, owing to racial influences from all over Southeast Asia. What is common, however, is the fact that many of them look so young, with healthy skin and a happy disposition that attests to their outward beauty.
Here are some beauty secrets real Malaysian women shared. Pass it on to a friend and compare notes on how it works for you!
- Drink plenty of water. It’s hot in this part of the world, so water is a must! Keep yourself hydrated with at least two liters of water per day. Not soda, not coffee—just good old fashioned H20!
- Drink coconut water. In general, coconut water is very good for your health. If you are extremely dehydrated, a glass or two of coconut water can restore your skin’s natural elasticity, while absorbing nutrients and vitamins that will help you feel good from within. After all, when you feel good, it shows! J
- Get plenty of rest. When you’re not well-rested, it shows. Your face gets puffy, you develop eye bags, and you generally feel absolutely blah. Some women don’t get enough sleep that they need to undergo a skin laser treatment to get rid of persistent dark circles. Contrary to popular belief, sleep is not for the weak! Start getting at least 8 hours of sleep per day, and you’ll notice a difference in the way your skin looks, plus it’s great to wake up not tired!
- Follow a skin care regimen. You can pile on all the makeup you want, but if you have a less-than-smooth canvas, results will not be stellar. Follow the three step rule: cleanse, tone, moisturize. Use products that are mild and won’t cause extra stress on your skin. Aloe Vera based products are especially great as moisturizers and they cool your skin from the heat, too. Consider getting a skin laser treatment to solve skin problems washing can’t solve, like dark marks or scars.
- Exfoliate! Slough away dead skin cells on your face and body by using an appropriate scrub twice a week. This removes all the dirt and buildup that settles on your skin, allowing new skin to grow and glow! Remember to use an all-over lotion or moisturizer after exfoliating.
- Prime your face. When applying makeup, remember to use an appropriate primer. It acts as a shield between your skin and your makeup, allowing it to glide on and last longer but at the same time doesn’t do damage to your skin.
- Smile! When everything is considered, the happy and welcoming nature of Malaysian women makes them glow from within—and that’s the best beauty secret that’s absolutely free!